Monday, October 15, 2007

My Eid Experience



My eid experience this year I guess starts when I leave Uniten on 10th October 2007 to went back home which is at Sitiawan, Perak. This is because I went back using bus express. This is my first time I went back home for Eid using bus. Before this, my father uses to pick me up using his car, but this year he is busy. Going back to Sitiawan using the bus is really exciting to me. The “Balik Kampung” song keep on playing in my head. At Pudu, I can see many people. I am touched when I think the hardship the people around me have to face to make a living. The ticket promoters had to shout continuously to attract people attention to sell their bus ticket but his voice is deem by the noise of the surrounding people and they are many more people selling things to make their income. Deep inside, I am glad to God that I do not have to work hard to earn money but instead I just need to study. After about 4 hours in the bus, I arrived at Sitiawan at 10pm. It is a relief to be home after a month leaving it.

The next day, I had “Sahur” with my family for the first time for this Ramadan. Then I help my family especially my mom to clean my house and decorate it a bit. Then I pay my sleep debts. For Fast breaking, I enjoyed it very much because my mom cooked her specialty, Goat Kari.

On Friday, after the Friday prayers, my family and I starts our journey back to my mother’s hometown that is at Dong, Raub, Pahang. It took about 5 hours to reach Dong. Along the way, we have to use the Highway, so we came across tollbooths. In them, there are smiling people giving and receiving tickets and money. It just came across my mind that how boring is their job. But without them, the highway system will not be able to work. Someone must do it. Like an old saying, because of a nail, a horseshoe is loss, because of the horseshoe, a horse is loss, because of the horse, a massage was not delivered, because of that, the war was loss. This shows that all of us play a role in this world. For me, as a student, I must learn and strive my best to attaint good grades.

After arriving at Dong at 8pm, my father and I went to the mosque. After Isyak prayer, we join the village people to go from house to house to “takbir”. I like joining them because there are a lot of food to be enjoyed at every house we go. We went to 4 houses that night. I feel touch when the “Takbir” was shouted and we all followed the Imam. But most of all, I enjoyed the food very much. I was filled to the max that night.

Saturday, Hari Raya. After breakfast, my family and I plus my grandpa and my relatives went to the mosque to perform Raya sunat Prayer. Then, we went to my grandma grave. We recite Surah Yasin together. This makes me appreciate value of life. It was a touching moment. Next, we went to visit my relative houses. Eating raya dish is a must. My first day of raya ended with a stomach ace. Maybe because of too much lemang or ketupat I have earlier.

On Sunday, my family and I went back to Sitiawan. Then, we visit my father’s mom house at Ayer Tawar and other relative nearby. The third day of Shawal, my family and I just stay at home. Many children came to my house to “Beraya”.

To sum up, this year Hari Raya celebration is different to me because I realize a lot of things, especially about my study. I have to study hard and attaint good grades so that I could continue my study abroad.It is not easy to earn a living without proper qualification. I do not want to be a ticket promoter or a tollbooth people. I want to be a teacher.

2 comments:

tiArA EmiLY said...

good experienced compare to me..hahah

Unknown said...

well the word goat kari seems to be dodgy to me....it should be lamb curry or mutton curry.... alil' info dude!