Sunday, October 14, 2007

Tourism & transport




I have no idea what to write about transport and tourism so I just to compare and contrast the difference between Sitiawan and Kuala Lumpur transport and tourism.

First of all, I will discuss about the traffic. In Kuala Lumpur, there are a lot more people compared to Sitiawan and most of them have personal transportation, such as a car or motorbike. Because of this, the traffic in KL is much more than Sitiawan, making traffic jam a comand thing to the city folk. Sitiawan traffic is calm, but traffic jam do occur sometime. I travel around Sitiawan and Manjung plus Lumut using my motorbike or sometime my bicycle. But since I start studying in Uniten, which is close to KL, I travel around in KL using public transport such as taxi, train and bus. This is because, Sitiawan public transport is not reliable and not many. This happen because the Sitiawan citizen travel around using personal transport most of the time and for me, it is more fun traveling around with my own bike with my friends as a group.

Secondly, about tourism, there are a lot of interesting place to visit in Sitiawan. Such as, Lumut, Teluk Batik (beautiful beach) and a bit further, Pangkor Island. This nature beauty’s are not available in KL but KL offer a lot of beautiful building such as KLCC which is one of the tallest building in the world. KL also is a shopping heaven for the tourists with a lot of bargains and choices to choose from. Sitiawan do not have many place to shop but it have 1 hypemarket and 4 supermarket to accommodated the citizen shopping needs.

To sum up, I like living in Sitiawan but I enjoyed my stay in KL because there are a lot of things to do and I love beautiful building.

No comments: