Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Rigorous Efforts in Improving English Listening, Writing, Reading and Speaking Skills”


Because I am taking IELTS next sem, I have to improve my English so that I can obtain at less band 6.5 so that I am allegeable to enter top u in Australia to continue my study in degree level.

First and foremost, I have to improve my reading skills. I must read more English materials. Making it a habit is hard but I will try. The easiest English material to get is the newspaper and articles at the internet are also a source for reading materials. Reading will improve my vocabulary. Expanding my word bank is important for writing, also for speaking and listening.

Listening skills is also important to master. I need to listen before I can speak well. The best way to improve listening is to listen. Therefore, I should watch shows and movies in English more not forgetting the website to be use to practice because practice makes perfect.

Writing well is more difficult to master because I need to read a lot and have a lot of idea and knowledge about the current issues. Reading sample also helps. But of cause practicing writing the essays helps the most.

For speaking, having casual conversation using English with someone I think will help because it makes us feel confidence to use English plus making us know how to pronounce difficult words. Learning more about the speaking test through the internet also helps.

To sum up, I need to do a lot of work to improve my English. Hope that my teachers and friends can help me too, but I know, it all depends on me.